Health Plan Client Survey Results Highlight
HealthSmart’s Focus on Innovation and Excellent Customer Service
By Scott Geyer, Senior Vice President of Client Services
Earlier this year, HealthSmart surveyed our health plan clients about their satisfaction with the quality of service we deliver to them and to their members. We are happy to report that respondents indicated a high degree of satisfaction with the service we provide to them.
The multi-question survey included eight client service questions asking respondents to score HealthSmart’s performance from “strongly agree” to “strongly disagree.” Our results:
• “My client service team is courteous and professional,” - 99 percent overall satisfaction
• “Overall, I am satisfied with my client service team,” 98 percent overall satisfaction level.
• “My client service team is knowledgeable of our account and understands our company’s needs,” 97 percent overall satisfaction
• “My client service team provides the necessary reporting to perform my responsibilities.” – 97 percent overall satisfaction
• “Overall, I am satisfied with HealthSmart’s timeliness of claims process,” – 94 percent of respondents were satisfied with the statement
• “I am satisfied with HealthSmart’s claims processing accuracy.” - 93 percent overall satisfaction
• Rounding out the results, “Overall I am satisfied with how HealthSmart’s customer service representatives handle our member’s calls.” rated a 90 percent overall satisfaction rating.
One score from the survey stood out in particular: our Net Promoter Score. This score reflects the willingness of our clients to recommend us to others. The Net Promoter Score (NPS) is widely considered to be the ultimate metric for rating customer satisfaction. The score is based on a scale of -100 to +100. Scores below zero reflect an intention to complain to others about the service. Scores above zero range from good to great to excellent. In general terms, NPS scores above 70 fall in the excellent range. I’m thrilled to report that HealthSmart’s clients awarded us a Net Promoter Score of 71
! That puts is in the top 1 percent of health plans, according to a national ratings agency. Watch a video-- NPS Explained
There are several factors that impact the NPS:
• Customer service – the extent to which a company’s support is available to assist their end consumers
• Utility and performance of the product – the extent to which a company’s products meet its customers’ expectations and demands
• A collective experience – the level of connectivity experienced by customers while they interact with the company
• Security –customers sense of confidence knowing that their data is safe and there is no risk of a breach
• Brand reputation – how a product is perceived in the market, the level of service and the loyalty of its fan base.
The results of our 2021 client survey, along with our excellent Net Promoter Score, have given our entire organization a pat on the back for a job well done, during what has been a very challenging year. It has also led us to redouble our commitment to our clients to provide innovative solutions to help reduce their health benefit costs and treat both clients and members with dignity and respect. That’s the essence of our brand promise that has positioned us at the top of the industry. We are grateful for the trust placed in us by our clients and broker partners, and we pledge to continue to focus on providing you and your members with unparalleled service.
Scott Geyer was named Senior Vice President of Client Services for HealthSmart in 2019, with overall responsibility for HealthSmart client relationships.
Scott’s entire career has been focused on client service, beginning in 1997 with Wells Fargo Insurance Services as a customer account manager, claims supervisor and account executive. He had 15 years of service with Wells Fargo when it was acquired by HealthSmart in 2012. He continued his role with HealthSmart as account executive, soon being promoted to senior account executive, Vice President of Client Services, and most recently, Senior Vice President of Client Services. In all, Scott has been serving our customers for more than 23 years.
Scott holds a Bachelor’s degree in Social Science from the University of Charleston.