All Eligible Class Members of the C-8 Medical Monitoring Program (“the Program”) will be sent a letter from the Program informing them the Medical Panel has recommended the Program pay for follow up appointments, and the covered diagnostic tests, due to symptoms listed below for thyroid disease, ulcerative colitis, testicular cancer, or kidney cancer that your patients are experiencing that were not present at the time of their initial screening appointment with you. The Medical Panel has recommended that patients call their screening physicians for an appointment if the following symptoms occur. Accordingly, you may be receiving phone calls from Class Members to schedule a follow-up appointment to their initial screening appointment.
- Thyroid Disease
- Clinical hypothyroidism (thyroid hormone too low): develop several symptoms that include severe fatigue, cold intolerance, unintentional weight gain, constipation, dry skin, muscle pain or weakness, and menstrual irregularities.
- Clinical hyperthyroidism (thyroid hormone too high): develop several symptoms that include anxiety, tremor (shakes), heart palpitations, heat intolerance, increased perspiration, and weight loss despite a normal or increased appetite.
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Diarrhea (with or without blood) that lasts more than 10 days.
- Waking up at night to move your bowels.
- Feeling you have to get to the bathroom urgently to have a bowel movement and that you might not make it in time for more than half of your stools over a six week period.
- Testicular Cancer
- Testicular abnormality such as pain, fullness, mass, stone or change in size.
- Gynecomastia (male breast enlargement)
- Kidney Cancer
- Blood in your urine.
- Pain in your abdomen on most days in the last two months.
- A fever on most days for the past two weeks.
- Recent loss of weight without trying
- High Cholesterol
There are no specific symptoms associated with this condition.
- Pregnancy Induced Hypertension and Preeclampsia
There are no specific symptoms associated with these conditions. All pregnant women should be screened for these conditions as part of regular health care for these conditions during each pregnancy.
If a Class Member has been previously diagnosed with a particular disease, they would not be eligible for coverage for further testing of that particular disease under the Program. Those services should be billed to the patient’s primary insurance policy. For more information, please call the C-8 Customer Service line at 800.222.1368.
Return to C-8 (PFOA) Medical Monitoring Program Modification ➝
Return to Provider Center ➝