Learn about managed care pharmacy residency hands-on with HealthSmartRx Solutions.
The HealthSmartRx postgraduate year one (PGY-1) managed care pharmacy residency program provides valuable experiences and comprehensive systematic training to prepare our residents for future clinical and managed care roles.
HealthSmartRx Solutions is a premier supplier of pharmacy benefit management plans and services that delivers quality, value and savings to plan sponsors, brokers, consultants, benefit administrators, and members.
Our Managed Care Pharmacy Residency Program is designed to provide professional development, clinical programs/initiatives, leadership skills and industry exposure. We will provide valuable experiences and systematic training to prepare our residents for various clinical and managed care roles.
After the program, residents will be qualified for managed care positions which include expertise in prior authorizations, formulary development, quality initiatives, drug utilization reviews, medication therapy management, specialty pharmacy operations and leadership skills.
Why A Managed Care Pharmacy Residency Program At HealthSmartRx?
The HSRx PGY-1 Managed Care Residency program is to build upon the Doctor of Pharmacy education and develop managed care pharmacists. This program will provide residents to develop leadership skills, clinical outcomes, and patient care.
- Our Managed Care Pharmacy Residency Program is Fully Remote
- Dynamic Workplace focused on Career Development
- HSRx is an industry leader with experienced health care professionals
Residency Learning Opportunities...
- Perform Drug Utilization Reviews (DURs) and medication outreach
- Develop Prior Authorization criteria’s
- Develop and participate in interdepartmental clinical initiatives
- Participate in Coverage Determination Case Reviews
- Develop policies around utilization management
- Gain exposure in state regulations
- Participate and conduct reviews at the P&T committee meetings
- Precept pharmacy students
- Ability to obtain Teaching Certificate
- Specialty Pharmacy
- High-Cost Drug Management Solutions
- Pharmacy Operations
- Longitudinal Research
- Clinical Informatics/Analytics
Ready to Apply? Here are the Details!
- Residency Stipend: $50,000
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid vacation/holidays
- Professional conference/travel reimbursement and societal memberships
- Application Deadline: January 2, 2024
- Application Process: Via PhORCAS
- Starting Date: July 1, 2024
- Residency Duration: 12 months
- Number of Positions: 1
- Rotation Site: Fully Remote Program
Learn more about the
HSRx Residency Program!
Requirements for Acceptance
- PharmD graduate from an accredited pharmacy school or college or have a Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Equivalency Committee (FPGEC) certificate from the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy (NABP)
- U.S. state pharmacy license
- Complete a virtual, personal interview with the Residency Advisory Committee
- Completing and submitting a PhORCAS application
- Able to commit to a one-year residency
- Clinical programs
- Clinical operations
- Formulary Management
- Drug Utilization Reviews
- Specialty Pharmacy
- High-Cost Specialty Drug Programs